- The Human Resources intern will be provided with a professional learning experience in a hands-on work environment that will prepare them for entry into the business world by providing an understanding of the application of their current/recent coursework in HR to the daily functions of the HR professional in the Casino/Hospitality Industry.
- The Human Resources Intern will provide administrative support to the Human Resources functions to include but not limited to:
- Answering and responding to frequently asked questions from applicants and employees related to standard policies, hiring processes, benefits, or leaves of absence (telephone calls, voicemails, emails and front door/intercom).
- Reviewing and responding to customer feedback received via mail, email, or telephone calls.
- Assisting applicants with the online application process.
- Assisting the Employment Supervisor with the day-to-day recruitment activities.
- Picking up, dropping off and sorting/distributing mail.
- Responsible for general office filing, making copies, and for preparing new hire packets and creating personnel files.
- Assisting with special projects such as mass mailings, employee events or fundraisers.
- Providing support to other members of the Human Resources team as needed.
- To enrich their learning experience, the Student Intern will receive personalized training and mentorship from our team of professionals.
- The Human Resources Intern will also have the opportunity to develop and/or strengthen their planning, organizational, time management, communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Promotes outstanding customer relations.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, pursing a degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Employment Law, or Business Management.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be a self-starter and out-of-the box thinker.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Bilingual helpful, but not required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed