- The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day payroll operations, for recommending payroll process efficiency and internal control improvements and for ensuring ongoing compliance with applicable wage and hour laws and payroll tax obligations.
- Supervises the work of the Payroll Representative.
- Works in collaboration with the Human Resources team.
- Responsible for the preparing, reviewing, and timely processing of the bi-weekly payroll cycle.
- Inputs and processes employee tips and gratuities, wage garnishments, child support deductions, and other file maintenance.
- Calculates retro-active payroll adjustments.
- Sets up employee direct deposits and W-4 information.
- Assists with the issuance of W-2s.
- Completes various quarterly and annual returns with the IRS and State of New Jersey, including: W3, 941, 927, WR30, and 1094/1095C.
- Completes weekly tax summaries for remittance of necessary payroll taxes.
- Completes monthly union billings for Local 54 and various trades unions.
- Reviews paperwork for On-Demand Checks and creates both On-Demand Checks and registers.
- Pulls and audits payroll reports, to research and resolve payroll discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots and responds to employee related payroll issues / questions.
- Responsible for ordering supplies to include check stock.
- Promotes positive public relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years' appropriate experience and expertise in payroll.
- Advanced clerical and Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, and word).
- Prior experience with and a thorough understanding of Infinium (AS400) and Kronos timekeeping systems.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed